March Magic Word Power – Sweet 16 – Day 1
“In the beginning was the WORD”
Saint John 1:1
Freedom Nation United March Magic Word Power
Sweet Sixteen – Day One
THOUGHTS, as Wallace Wattles so eloquently teaches us
in his seminal work “The Science Of Getting Rich”
TURN INTO MATTER.
IT IS WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THAT YOU BRING ABOUT
So What does this mean to me, you ask?
How are we going to use this knowledge to change other peoples’ lives for the better, you ask?
Welcome to the Freedom Nation ‘March Magic’ WORD-POWER tournament – Sweet 16 – Day ONE.
Desire has eliminated Happiness and Powerlessness.
Gratitude has eliminated Hopefulness and Irritation.
Decision has eliminated Envy and Appreciation.
Faith has eliminated Contentment and Selfishness.
So For Today’s Match-Ups We Have:
Desire vs. Gratitude
Decision vs. Faith
From each of these pairings, YOU, dear reader, will be asked to select one word that most empowers you.
Each POWER WORD is presented with its definition – as ‘Googled’ from a reputable dictionary.
In addition, to help you make your choice, for each word a video has been selected that is associated with it.
Finally, since this is the ‘sweet sixteen’ and the choice between one word and another is becoming less clear, additional supporting quotes have been added that might resonate with you and help in your selection..
Make your choices of words and enter them into the “Comment” section for this blog, preferably with a reasoning for your choice – though that is optional. These reasonings will be used by the tournament commissioners in the event of a tie-breaker being required.
Note: For purposes of the competition comments for today’s match-ups will be tallied at close of business E.S.T. on March 27. 2014
Our dictionary source for today are the good people at merriam-webster.com/dictionary
Our quotes source for the match-ups are the good people at goodreads.com
LET THE GAMES BEGIN
GAME 1 – DESIRE vs. GRATITUDE
verb (used with object), de·sired, de·sir·ing.
1. to wish or long for; crave; want.
2. to express a wish to obtain; ask for; request:
3. a longing or craving, as for something that brings satisfaction or enjoyment: a desire for fame.
4. an expressed wish; request.
5. something desired
6. sexual appetite or a sexual urge.
Example of DESIRE
She had such a burning desire that nothing was going to prevent her reaching her goal.
The mayor desires your presence at the next meeting.
YOUR DESIRE VIDEO –> Buddy Holly – You Are My One Desire
SUPPORTING QUOTES FOR DESIRE:
- “To burn with desire and keep quiet about it is the greatest punishment we can bring on ourselves.” ― Federico García Lorca, Blood Wedding and Yerma
- “Men go to far greater lengths to avoid what they fear than to obtain what they desire.” ― Dan Brown, The Da Vinci Code
- “Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.” ― Epicurus
- “There are two tragedies in life. One is to lose your heart’s desire. The other is to gain it.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman
- “Those who restrain desire do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained.” ― William Blake, The Marriage of Heaven and Hell
——————————————————- VERSUS ——————————————————–
the quality or feeling of being grateful or thankful
Examples of GRATITUDE
He expressed his gratitude to everyone on the staff.
YOUR GRATITUDE VIDEO –> The Gratitude Challenge
SUPPORTING QUOTES FOR GRATITUDE:
- “Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” ― Marcel Proust
- “Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Piglet noticed that even though he had a Very Small Heart, it could hold a rather large amount of Gratitude.” ― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
- “Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer. And let faith be the bridge you build to overcome evil and welcome good.” ― Maya Angelou, Celebrations: Rituals of Peace and Prayer
- “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others.” ― Cicero
🙂 Select your word for the COMMENT BELOW 🙂
GAME 2 – DECISION vs. FAITH
: a choice that you make about something after thinking about it
: the result of deciding
: the ability to make choices quickly and confidently
: the particular end of a legal or official argument
: a legal or official judgment
Examples of DECISION
She announced her decision to go to medical school.
Have you made a decision?
He based his decision on facts, not emotions.
She made a conscious decision to leave the painting unfinished.
We need someone who will act with decision even under pressure.
The U.S. Supreme Court’s 1954 decision brought an end to racial segregation in public schools.
YOUR DECISON VIDEO –> Phil Ochs – Days Of Decision
SUPPORTING QUOTES FOR DECISION:
- “Crying is all right in its way while it lasts. But you have to stop sooner or later, and then you still have to decide what to do.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Silver Chair
- “Waiting hurts. Forgetting hurts. But not knowing which decision to take can sometimes be the most painful…” ― José N. Harris, MI VIDA: A Story of Faith, Hope and Love
- “It’s not hard to decide what you want your life to be about. What’s hard, she said, is figuring out what you’re willing to give up in order to do the things you really care about.” ― Shauna Niequist, Bittersweet: Thoughts on Change, Grace, and Learning the Hard Way
- “It’s not hard to make decisions when you know what your values are.” ― Roy Disney
- “It does not take much strength to do things, but it requires a great deal of strength to decide what to do.” ― Elbert Hubbard
—————————————————————— versus ————————————————–
: firm belief in something for which there is no proof
: strong belief or trust in someone or something
: belief in the existence of God
: strong religious feelings or beliefs
: a system of religious beliefs
Examples of FAITH
His supporters have accepted his claims with blind faith.
Our faith in the government has been badly shaken by the recent scandals.
Lending him the money to start his own business was an act of faith.
It requires a giant leap of faith for us to believe that she is telling the truth.
Nothing is more important to her than her faith in God.
She says that her faith has given her the courage to deal with this tragedy.
Faith without doubt leads to moral arrogance, the eternal pratfall of the religiously convinced. —Joe Klein, Time, 17 May 2004
YOUR FAITH VIDEO –> George Michael – Faith
SUPPORTING QUOTES FOR FAITH:
- “And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.” ― Anonymous, Holy Bible: King James Version
- “Faith is not the belief that God will do what you want. It is the belief that God will do what is right.” ― Max Lucado, He Still Moves Stones
- “You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is like an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “The reason birds can fly and we can’t is simply because they have perfect faith, for to have faith is to have wings.” ― J.M. Barrie, The Little White Bird
- “None of us knows what might happen even the next minute, yet still we go forward. Because we trust. Because we have Faith.” ― Paulo Coelho, Brida
🙂 Select your word for the COMMENT BELOW 🙂
THAT ABOUT COVERS IT FOR TODAY
HOPE YOU HAD FUN
See you tomorrow, same blog time, same blog channel
as the round of the ‘Sweet Sixteen” continues.
But don’t just take it from me…
You can tell Infinite Intelligence – Saint John sent you!
For myself, I hope that today’s post has, in some way, encouraged you – Dear Reader – to challenge your self-talk so that it might become rich in WORDS OF POWER that inspire you and drive you on to claim the prize for which only YOU are destined.
See you on our next blog
Oh, and by the way,
If you got value from todays content please ‘like’ it and $hare it with three people who could most benefit from its message
FREEDOM, STRENGTH AND HONOR TO YOU
Let’s stay in touch
PARTICIPATE in our Generation Of Wealth Communities
We Are Think And Grow Rich Call (M – F) 712-432-0990 Access Code: 565762# sample here
Generation Of Wealth Broadcast (Sat)
Timeless Wisdom In Action (Facebook Group)
Carnegie Project 10 Billion (Facebook Group)
Freedom Nation United Blog
LOVE WEALTH – LOVE HEALTH – LOVE HAPPINESS – LOVE LOVE
Published: March 19, 2014, 21:08 | 1 Comment on March Magic Word Power – Sweet 16 – Day 1
Category: Mind Freedom