March Magic Word Power – Sweet 16 – Day 2
“In the beginning was the WORD”
Saint John 1:1
Freedom Nation United March Magic Word Power
Sweet Sixteen – Day Two
THOUGHTS, as Wallace Wattles so eloquently teaches us
in his seminal work “The Science Of Getting Rich”
TURN INTO MATTER.
IT IS WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THAT YOU BRING ABOUT
So What does this mean to me, you ask?
How are we going to use this knowledge to change other peoples’ lives for the better, you ask?
Welcome to the Freedom Nation ‘March Magic’ WORD-POWER tournament – Sweet 16 – Day TWO.
Love has eliminated Fear and Disappointment.
Insight has eliminated Miracle and Impatience.
Enthusiasm has eliminated Motivation and Frustration.
Mastermind has eliminated Autosuggestion and Guilt.
So For Today’s Match-Ups We Have:
Love vs. Insight
Enthusiasm vs. Mastermind
From each of these pairings, YOU, dear reader, will be asked to select one word that most empowers you.
Each POWER WORD is presented with its definition – as ‘Googled’ from a reputable dictionary.
In addition, to help you make your choice, for each word a video has been selected that is associated with it.
Finally, since this is the ‘sweet sixteen’ and the choice between one word and another is becoming less clear, additional supporting quotes have been added that might resonate with you and help in your selection..
Make your choices of words and enter them into the “Comment” section for this blog, preferably with a reasoning for your choice – though that is optional. These reasonings will be used by the tournament commissioners in the event of a tie-breaker being required.
Note: For purposes of the competition comments for today’s match-ups will be tallied at close of business E.S.T. on March 27. 2014
Our dictionary source for today are the good people at merriam-webster.com/dictionary
Our quotes source for the match-ups are the good people at goodreads.com
LET THE GAMES BEGIN
GAME 1 – LOVE vs. INSIGHT
: a feeling of strong or constant affection for a person
: attraction that includes sexual desire
: the strong affection felt by people who have a romantic relationship
: a person you love in a romantic way
Examples of LOVE
Children need unconditional love from their parents.
He was just a lonely man looking for love.
Mr. Brown seems to imply that when he retired he relinquished her love as casually as he dispensed with her secretarial services. —Ken Follett, New York Times Book Review, 27 Dec. 1987
YOUR LOVE VIDEO –> Jennifer Warnes and Joe Cocker – Love Lifts Us Up Where We Belong
SUPPORTING QUOTES FOR LOVE:
- “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
― Dr. Seuss
- “A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.”
― Elbert Hubbard
- “The opposite of love is not hate, it’s indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it’s indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it’s indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it’s indifference.”
― Elie Wiesel
- “Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn’t it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Sandman, Vol. 9: The Kindly Ones
- “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
——————————————————- VERSUS ——————————————————–
: the ability to understand people and situations in a very clear way
: an understanding of the true nature of something
Examples of INSIGHT
He is a leader of great insight.
The author analyzes the problem with remarkable insight.
I had a sudden insight.
Her book provides us with fresh new insights into this behavior.
YOUR INSIGHT VIDEO –> TED – Jill Bolte Taylor’s stroke of Insight
SUPPORTING QUOTES FOR INSIGHT:
- “A point of view can be a dangerous luxury when substituted for insight and
― Marshall McLuhan, The Gutenberg Galaxy: The Making of Typographic Man
- “I would rather be able to appreciate things I cannot have than to have things I am not able to appreciate.”
― Elbert Hubbard
- “Never give advice unless you have walked the walk, because anybody can talk the talk.”
― Valencia Mackie
- “Practice isn’t the thing you do once you’re good. It’s the thing you do that makes you good.”
― Malcolm Gladwell, Outliers: The Story of Success
- “To know a man’s library is, in some measure, to know a man’s mind.”
― Geraldine Brooks, March
🙂 Select your word for the COMMENT BELOW 🙂
GAME 2 – ENTHUSIASM vs. MASTERMIND
: strong excitement about something
: a strong feeling of active interest in something that you like or enjoy
: something causing a feeling of excitement and active interest
: a hobby that someone feels enthusiastic about
Examples of ENTHUSIASM
The party supported its candidate with enthusiasm.
He seems to lack enthusiasm for the work he’s doing.
Among his latest enthusiasms are sailing and fishing.
YOUR ENTHUSIASM VIDEO –> US MARINES – Marine Corps Leadership Traits
SUPPORTING QUOTES FOR ENTHUSIASM:
- “Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering.”
― Steve Maraboli, Unapologetically You: Reflections on Life and the Human Experience
- “One of the main reasons that we lose our enthusiasm in life is because we become ungrateful..we let what was once a miracle become common to us. We get so accustomed to his goodness it becomes a routine..”
― Joel Osteen, Your Best Life Now: 7 Steps to Living at Your Full Potential
- “It’s faith in something and enthusiasm for something that makes a life worth living.”
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.
- “I’m more interested in arousing enthusiasm in kids than in teaching the facts. The facts may change, but that enthusiasm for exploring the world will remain with them the rest of their lives.”
― Seymour Simon
- “Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.”
― Winston Churchill
—————————————————————— versus ————————————————–
: a person who plans and organizes something
: a person who supplies the directing or creative intelligence for a project
Examples of MASTERMIND
the mastermind behind the terrorist plot
the real mastermind behind the embezzlement scheme
YOUR MASTERMIND VIDEO –> The Two Ronnies – MasterMind
SUPPORTING QUOTES FOR MASTERMIND:
- “Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another.” – Napoleon Hill
- “Fears are nothing more than a state of Mind.” – Napoleon Hill
- “The ‘Master Mind’ may be defined as: ‘coordination of knowledge and effort in a spirit of harmony, between two or more people, for the attainment of a definite purpose.’” – Napoleon Hill
- “No two minds ever come together without, thereby, creating a third, invisible, intangible force which may be likened to a third mind.” – Napoleon Hill
- “when the minds of two people are coordinated in a spirit of harmony, the spiritual units of energy of each mind form an affinity, which constitutes the “psychic” phase of the Master Mind.” – Napoleon Hill
🙂 Select your word for the COMMENT BELOW 🙂
THAT ABOUT COVERS IT FOR TODAY
HOPE YOU HAD FUN
See you tomorrow, same blog time, same blog channel
as the round of the ‘Sweet Sixteen” continues.
But don’t just take it from me…
You can tell Infinite Intelligence – Saint John sent you!
For myself, I hope that today’s post has, in some way, encouraged you – Dear Reader – to challenge your self-talk so that it might become rich in WORDS OF POWER that inspire you and drive you on to claim the prize for which only YOU are destined.
See you on our next blog
Oh, and by the way,
If you got value from todays content please ‘like’ it and $hare it with three people who could most benefit from its message
FREEDOM, STRENGTH AND HONOR TO YOU
Let’s stay in touch
PARTICIPATE in our Generation Of Wealth Communities
We Are Think And Grow Rich Call (M – F) 712-432-0990 Access Code: 565762# sample here
Generation Of Wealth Broadcast (Sat)
Timeless Wisdom In Action (Facebook Group)
Carnegie Project 10 Billion (Facebook Group)
Freedom Nation United Blog
LOVE WEALTH – LOVE HEALTH – LOVE HAPPINESS – LOVE LOVE
Published: March 20, 2014, 21:39 | 1 Comment on March Magic Word Power – Sweet 16 – Day 2
Category: Mind Freedom